Sunday, March 8, 2009

Crafts....

...are not my specialty. Dave is the creative one in our household.
Dave painting Aboriginal Art in his Elementary methods class.

Luckily, I have been provided with a couple of opportunities to develop my talents in the world of crafts. My sis-in-law, Sandra, bought me a hat loom for Christmas, so I took it with me to Saint Helens last weekend and learned how to "knit" a hat. My hat is the maroon one with a white stripe and Dave's is the white/maroon striped one. I plan to make more but unfortunately my timing is a little off...Spring is just around the corner here!
I also had the opportunity to learn how to make glass magnets at our Relief Society craft night. The magnets were so simple (my kind of crafts)! We made them with cute pieces of scrapbook paper. You can also make the magnets using photos as well.



7 comments:

Steve, Amy and Company said...

Very impressive Em! We hope you guys are doing well! And you are coming to Lucy's little bday party at my parent's house next Sunday, right? I don't have a time yet but will call you. Love you guys!

Naomi said...

Emily how the heck do you get the scrapbook paper in the Glass? You left out the most important detail!

Robbie

heather said...

you go girl! Your hats look awesome! I can see you and Dave wearing them. Nice,.. Also,... it is SO not close to spring here..(hint, hint..):)

Monica said...

So I found your blog! So fun! You guys do some awesome stuff! Such travelers! And I'm proud of you for conquering your craft fears ... Your projects turned out darling! :)

C said...

Great job you guys!! That Aboriginal art looks just like what we saw in Australia! And Emily, keep making those hats! They can always keep the rain off, or cover up bed head on a lazy Saturday.

Laura said...

I LOVE your hats!! I'll have to get you to teach me how to do that! So cool!!
And I agree about the magnets. Totally my kind of craft! :-)

Charlene said...

Hey! I've got some of those on my fridge, too!!! :)

I love fun, easy crafts that actually get completed in one day....