Thanks to one of my students, I had two free passes to the Enchanted Forest. Emily took the day off so we could spend some time at the park just south of Salem. Paul, Katie, Mom, Sandra, James and Izzy joined us for a day of fun. Shortly after arriving at the park, we accepted the Challenge of Mondor. At the beginning of this ride, we agreed to fight the evil monsters, dragons and spiders within Mondor's Realm. We were each issued a standard laser and were told to wreak havoc on all evil. For each kill, we accumulated 30 points.

After a few practice rides, Paul had become skilled enough to break the daily park record! I would later break his record only to quickly lose the title back to the master. Paul succeeded in breaking three records today. He left the park with three medals. As we exited the park, I overheard two ride attendants comparing him to Michael Phelps.

Here is a close-up of the medal, which shows a picture of an evil dragon that was slayed by Paul's powerful laser.

Several other members of our party earned other honors within the realm. Rankings within our group ranged from "Knight in Training" to "Lord of All." The most skilled members of the group earned the highest rank - "Master of the Realm."

Enchanted Forest boasts the longest log ride in the Northwest and we were not disappointed.

It appears not everyone on the log ride was brave enough to take the tsunami that engulfed the log each time we took a plunge. If you look closely, you can see Emily crouched down in the back.

The front and back seats of the log tended to be the wettest so, of course, Paul and I were nominated to occupy those seats each time.

Nice hair! Sandra and James enjoyed the plunge on a hot day.

As usual, mom made friends with the park rodent, Chippy. It is amazing to see how close wildlife will get to a human when coaxed by a little bit of trail mix.

Okay everyone.....group photo. Smile!
3 comments:
I love the self group photo coming down the ride!
I haven't been there in years - decades, probably. Didn't know it had the longest log ride in the NW! Wait, is it the ONLY one? Congratulations on setting park records - the other participants aren't all under 12 though, are they? ;o)
Looks like a great way to spend a summer day!
Christa
HA! That is such a funny post! Very witty! And Em, who would have guessed that you can open your mouth that wide. I bet your dentist loves you!
Post a Comment