Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Future Garden

Dave and I bought materials for our raised beds from Lowes on Saturday. Dave spent the rest of the day constructing the beds. I think he did a great job!
We ordered a soil/mulch mixture and had it delivered. Thus began the long process of loading the wheelbarrow and carting the soil to the backyard.

The finished beds. Let the planting begin...

4 comments:

Laura said...

I can't wait to get our beds done. I'll have to show him this post for inspiration! He's gone this weekend for a race, so hopefully he'll have time on Easter weekend. I'm SO excited to have a garden this year. Your raised beds look GREAT! What are you going to be planting?

Mr. Beatley said...

We want a little bit of a lot of things...peas, potatoes, tomatoes, strawberries, lettuce and cucumbers. I am going to be the lone gardener while Dave is in AK this summer, so I don't want to bite of more than I can handle.

heather said...

lookin' good! Can't wait to see them planted.

Laura said...

Sounds like me. I want a little of a lot. I have LOADS of seeds. Can't wait to get them planted!! :-)