Sunday, March 2, 2008

This week was parent-teacher conferences so I was unemployed for a few days. I decided to change a leaky water pump in the Rodeo instead of finding something fun to do. Unfortunately, the pump is located behind the timing belt and it proved to be a lengthy project. In the end, it cost about $100 in parts and $50 in tools and miscellaneous supplies as opposed to a $670 mechanic bill. The best part is that it was a good excuse to buy some new tools.
Sorry the photos aren't very exciting......
The water pump is driven by that pulley in the very center.
Most of my time was actually spent on the floor sorting through manuals and diagrams.

I took pictures of EVERYTHING so I could remember how to put it back together. Instead of cranking my head to uncomfortable angles, I just took a picture of whatever I wanted to see. After putting it all back together, it started right up. Now........what should we do with all the money I saved?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! You have man fixing skills, now can you teach Byron?:)

Anonymous said...

You are so smart to be able to fix your own vehicle. You saved yourself a ton of money. I got your blog off of your christmas card to us, emily. Did I tell you that Sarah just got engaged? We are so excited about it. She is marrying the son of a general authority. Paul Mickelson is her boyfriend's name, and Lynn is his father. He is over all of mexico's missions. Anyway, I love to see the beauty of Alaska, and really enjoyed your beach and window photos. Love, Marilyn and dale.