Sunday, April 26, 2009

Shipwrecked and Clammed Out

We camped at Fort Stevens State Park this weekend with the Beatleys and Grandma Thomas. The purpose of the trip was to just hang out and dig up a limit of clams! The Peter Iredale ran aground over 100 years ago.

Dad and I had to ride to the beach in the back of the truck with two chilly mutts!

It's not a real trip to the beach unless you shoot a raw oyster. Unfortunately, nobody else would shoot.
Dig here! If you see one of these dimples, start digging for the golden treasure below and cross your fingers you don't hear a 'crunch!'


Double diggers - The clams were in such high density that you could have dug an entire limit in a two meter radius!

I believe Mark has the record for the biggest clam.

Sandra.....clammed out.

Grandma Betty was diggin' it too........nice hat.

Air drying.....the best way to dry out a dog.

Two highlights of the camping trip: 1) Cooking breakfast burritos over burning wood and styrofoam 2) Satanic raccoons

1 comment:

Laura said...

I can't wait to hear about the satanic racoons. Sounds interesting! :-)